Read and share these important tips below and stay safe during the holidays!
No matter what holiday you celebrate, we are all dealing with the impacts of COVID-19. And while gatherings are smaller and families are farther apart– we can still celebrate safely. These are some tips to stay safe this holiday season and keep the holiday spirit.
Protecting Yourself Against COVID-19
You can protect yourself and those you care about by:
- Wearing a face mask, packing hand sanitizer and wipes and washing your hands often.
To learn more ways to protect yourself from COVID-19, click here.
Keeping Your Home Safe This Holiday Season
We all love a pumpkin spiced candle or a holiday decoration but with these tips you can also protect your home from a fire.
- Examine water levels daily if you have a live tree, and unplug any lights on the tree at night or when you have left your home.
- Keep candles away from flammable materials (at least 1 foot) like trees or other decorations. Be sure to blow out candles and turn off lights when you leave your home or you go to sleep.
- Be mindful when stringing lights and other decorations outside and stay at least 10 feet away from powerlines. Be sure to also inspect extension cords and light strings before hanging them to make sure they are not damaged or faulty.
- Make sure that chimneys are cleaned and inspected.
- Check fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to serious illness and even death.
- Ensure that your oven is clean; it reduces the potential for grease fires.
Learn About the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide PoisoningRead below and share above so your friends and neighbors know the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a
Emergency Planning for SeniorsNo matter your age, you should always have an emergency plan in place, but this is especially true for older adults and
Prepare Your Home and Family for FloodingSevere storms and heavy rains can cause flooding. Read the tips below to prepare your home and family. It is important to know